Have you received at least two calls from a headhunter last year. No, then you have to start work. Headhunters, are usually known as executive search recruiters those who are hired by a company to locate people with a particular skill to fill jobs. Nowadays the executive search industry has doubled in size according to the research. The Headhunter is defined as an individual who provide recruitment services. The headhunter is hired by the company’s to search for a talent and to place those individuals who meet the particular job requirements, headhunter should be an executive with around 15 years of experience in a specific field.
One of the migrant person has created this astronomical growth. In the early days there were no upward opportunities for the ambitious persons. In addition to this, loyalty has been reduced because of mergers and takeovers of the company’s and it was a very difficult time for the jobseekers. Because of this problem, it is very important to bring several recruiter’s on lists. But don’t have an idea of how it works? It doesn’t do well to send the resumes of unknown persons. They work usually on a referral basis. Here I would like to mention certain reasons how you can take the help of a headhunter in getting a job:
1.Headhunter’s services are free for job seekers: Most of the headhunter’s charge certain percentage on your salary by the company who hires you. But still many headhunter’s provide free services.
- Recruiters only get paid when you get hired: Recruiter’s main goal is to get you hired. Until you are hired, they are not paid. The first and foremost thing is to educate you, prepare you for an interview and coach or train you in all aspects of the hiring process and interview.
- Minimal time investment on your part: You are required to invest a little amount of time to get a headhunter working on behalf of you. With the help of twenty minute phone conversation they can acquaint your skills, relocation preferences and to get you know in general through conversation.
- Let someone do the leg work for you: Instead of randomly applying for every job on any of the sites, allow someone to do all the work on behalf of you. Headhunters will know the HR managers or hiring managers directly, so instead of uploading the resumes to all the sites, give a chance to the headhunter to sell your skills which helps in making direct hiring decisions. Once the work is done, they become a cheerleader.
- Good headhunters or recruiters have tons of industry contacts: If you work with a good recruiter or an individual who works within a recruiting agency, they have hundreds of contacts of hiring manager or HR managers who work within your field. If you are not get through during the first interview, they have a few more options in their mind or with the help of some other interview which will help you to open up in the future.
- Headhunter will help you to get higher salary: If you are not good at negotiating skills or facing a fear to ask more money or salary, a headhunter act as a middleman. Not only he gets bigger paycheck, but he also knows how far to push your potential employer or company in terms of your compensation or salary.