It can be useful to identify where you are currently. An electronic maturity model can help. Examples include:
- Gartner Research:”Digital Business Maturity Model: 9 Competencies Ascertain Maturity.”
- Episerver:”The electronic agility model for enhancing customer experiences.”
- Forbes:”The Four Stages Of Digital Maturity: How Can Your Organization Rank? “
In this post, I will address digital adulthood as it pertains to B2B ecommerce, to ensure sustainable growth.
Phase 1: Digital Sales
Companies at this point may be:
- Comparing platforms.
- Reviewing internal software systems.
- Examining existing information, like prices and product descriptions.
- Structuring their staff to encourage digital sales — and through vendors.
- Defining and adjusting current procedures for an efficient and consistent electronic experience.
At this stage, B2B companies should reply:
- Is their electronic trade targeted at obtaining customers, encouraging existing ones, or both?
- How to compensate salespeople for electronic sales?
- Can customers see offline orders on the ecommerce website?
At the end of stage 1, a B2B business is selling at least 50 percent of its goods online.
Phase 2: Personalization Lite
Companies in phase 2 are, again, selling one-half or more products online. Growth at this point means enhancing the customer experience. Enhancements can include:
- Merchandise recommendations.
- Improved search.
- Setting up subscription options to auto-ship goods
- Defining customer personas and creating content that is relevant.
- Implementing time-management tools, like a product configurator for customized ordering, an exploded parts diagram to click on the right thing, and a step-by-step wizard that builds a request for proposal to your potential to use when ordering.
- Building a resource centre and answering customer questions through content
Questions to reply at this point include:
- How do our experience add value and differentiate us from competitors?
- How can we create articles and execute other improvements?
- How will our enhanced resources support (or compete with) our vendors and channel partners?
B2B companies at the end of stage two leverage content and trade collectively for personalized experiences beyond merely placing an order.
Stage 3: Client Journey
B2B companies at phase 3 have strong ecommerce activity and endeavor to automate and utilize data to improve outcomes. Stage 3 firms are ready to understand their clients during the buying process, a so-called”holistic” perspective, via:
- Developing a client data platform. Develop systems to catch customers’ interactions with your organization both online and off. Use the information to create an experience that anticipates customers’ needs and adds value.
- Mapping the whole customer travel from the outside in, including every stage your client participates with your own brand.
- Assessing how digital technologies can support and improve your whole business.
B2B companies at phase 3 address:
- The best way to understand customers’ interactions to improve retention and compete with bigger businesses, such as Amazon Business?
- The best way to prepare the necessary internal cultural change to monitor holistic customer journeys?
- Quick wins to execute and celebrate?
Moreover, stage 3 firms consider:
- An enterprise-level platform.
- Data-capture processes which are compliant with privacy legislation.
- Easy-to-use reporting and analytics tools.
- Expanding the group.
- Vendors to Aid with implementations.
At the end of stage 3, B2B companies have processes and tools in place to encourage a holistic customer view and act on it. Stage 3 isn’t a stopping point. The process is ongoing — use data, enhance encounters, and evaluation, measure, and tweak.
A Step at a Time
For B2B ecommerce, it’s easy to get wrapped up in the bells and whistles and overlook the fundamentals. But there’s a good deal of cash to be made from going beyond stage 1. Stage 2 is when many companies begin to compete. Many implement a couple of phase 2 wins during the stage 1 launch. Examples include product recommendations and live chat. Both generate high yields, usually, for relatively little cost.
Create value in phases 1 and 2 to finance phase 3, which typically requires a significant investment. Take it a step at a time, in other words, to get your B2B business where you want it to go.
See more :
►►► Zoho : Dịch vụ zoho, Phần mềm quản lý nhân sự, Phần mềm quản trị nhân sự cao cấp