WooCommerce is a great place to start a business.
We are passionate about democratizing commerce, and giving businesses the tools they need to create the store of their dreams. We have grown from three founders, to over 150 employees working in 32 countries by keeping our focus on this mission.
The WooCommerce team is curious, compassionate, self-motivated and independent. We love to work together as part of Automatic. We are always looking for great people to join our team!
Let’s look at the benefits of WooCommerce’s unique distributed environment and what it’s like working at WooCommerce. We’ll also show you how to apply for open positions today.
How do we work?
Matt Mullenweg, Automattic CEO, and co-founder of WordPress, has always been focused on distributed work. He said “… I don’t use “remote” because it creates the expectation that certain people are essential and others are not. To describe the work we do, I use the term ‘distributed’ because everyone is equal.
Everybody works simultaneously, at their own time and place. We are always available due to the geographical variance. We care about what you do, not how many hours you work.
However, distributed work does not mean being disconnected. To help employees connect and work efficiently, we use established communication tools.
- P2 is an internal WordPress blog. This replaces email and serves as a central communication center. Employees can access long-form documents, notes, and prioritized information.
- Slack. Every team has its own Slack channel, which allows for instant chat, social connections and urgent conversations. Watercooler channels are available for all things, from gaming and baking to gardening and fishing.
- Zoom. Zoom calls are a common way for teams to plan, find roadblocks and do other tasks in real time.
This post by Beau Lebens, our Head of Product Engineering, gives a more detailed look at a day’s work.
WooCommerce: The benefits
Our employees and the company both benefit from the distributed, asynchronous work environment. This allows us to engage more people and has a great impact on our team. This flexibility leads to greater creativity and richer lives.
Transparency is essential to working effectively. Most people have access to all information in the company. This gives context and eliminates delays and requests for access. It also encourages independence.
- Magento Pos
- Shopify Pos
- Bigcommerce Pos
- Woocommerce Pos
- Netsuite pos
- Bigcommerce automation
- Shopify automation
Erica Kuschel , Team Lead, adds that WooCommerce gives her the freedom to travel wherever she wants, including doing Burning Man and all my art stuff. It really helps me to maintain a work/life balance.
Automattic offers benefits to employees such as:
- A vacation policy that is open to all.
- Every five years, a paid three-month sabbatical.
- Open parental leave (including paternity, maternity, LGBTQ+ and adoption for all parents) Automattic employees who have been with the company for at least 12 months are eligible to receive a full paid leave of up to 6 months.
- For the right chair, desk, or other office needs, a home office stipend is available. To create the best work environment.
- You can apply for a coworking stipend to use in a coworking space or to buy coffee, so you don’t get kicked out from your local shop.
- Reimbursement of professional development tools such as books, software, and conferences.
- Virtual health and wellbeing tools such as mindfulness apps and virtual ergonomic consultations are available.
View the complete list of benefits that you will enjoy when working for Automattic or WooCommerce.
Join the WooCommerce Team
After you apply for a job , and go through the interview stage you will start a contract project. This usually lasts two to three weeks, depending on your availability. An Automattician will guide you through the project and answer any questions. Find out more about the hiring procedure and experience.
►►► Zoho : Dịch vụ zoho, Phần mềm quản lý nhân sự, Phần mềm quản trị nhân sự cao cấp